With Rab McColm, Lead Psychological Therapist for Psychology Trauma Services at NHS Dumfries and Galloway.
This session will cover-
- What is trauma? – expanding the trauma lens wider than just Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Incidence of trauma within gender-based violence populations.
- Phased-based approach to working with psychological trauma in gender-based populations.
- What happens in our brains and bodies when faced with traumatic events? Why this becomes “stuck” in our bodies.
- How psychological trauma may present in gender-based populations.
- Moral injury/hindsight bias for both survivors and caregivers.