This is an in-person event at HTSI’s offices that will bring together various third sector organisations from the Highlands to discuss how we can apply a Human Rights and Equalities First approach to the sector’s work.
We are pleased to announce that we will have additional guest speakers at the event, presentations from Connecting Carers and the North Highland Women’s Wellness Hub.
The event will run from 9.30am to 2pm on Thursday the 8th of February 2024, at Thorfin House, Bridgend Business Park, Dingwall, IV15 9SL.
Join us to hear
- About human rights and equalities – what are they, and why do they matter?
- PANEL presentation by THRE Team “How do we apply a human rights and equalities first approach”
- Keynote speech from Connecting Carers on challenges facing rural communities
- Keynote speech from North Highland Women’s Wellness Hub “Challenges facing women in the far north and how poverty links in with rurality”
- The latest updates on the Scottish Human Rights Bill and it’s potential impacts on third sector organisations.
- About challenges to Rural communities and how third sector organisations can try to resolve these.
There will also be a lunch provided for atendees for facilitated networking and shared practice.
THRE (Third Sector Human Rights and Equalities) is a partnership of GCVS, EVOC and HTSI. It’s a new nationwide project with funding from the Scottish Government Equality and Human Rights Fund to allow us to develop and deliver resources, training and networks to support third-sector organisations towards taking a human rights and equalities first approach to their organisational development and delivery. Learn more about THRE by watching our new animation.
To contact us about this training session, please email THRE@gcvs.org.uk